reported that Konami are publishing a new Castlevania game for the Nintendo 3DS, titled Castlevania: Mirror of Fate.
Mirror of Fate is allegedly being worked on by David Cox of Konami and Enric Alvarez of Mercury Steam, both of whom served as producer and director on Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, respectively.
Adding a bit of credence to the rumour is the fact that Konami Europe have registered a domain for CastleVania-MirrorOfFate.net, which was recorded back in February. Meanwhile, another separate rumour claims that Castlevania: Mirror of Fate has been in development for nearly 1.5 years and will be a 2D side-scrolling game.
This rumour comes from the same individual that leaked details of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale before its reveal, and provides a few other alleged details on Mirror of Fate, too. The game will supposedly feature two playable characters and include co-op play. The “Mirror of Fate” title comes from being able to use the 3DS cameras to solve puzzles in some manner.
Castlevania: Mirror of Fate will supposedly be revealed at E3. Or perhaps, we’ll even see it as early as Konami’s pre-E3 conference.
- deep combat mechanics
- involves Trevor Belmont
- Fight with Trevor's version of the Combat Cross
- strong attacks with X
- wider-reaching attacks with Y
- secondary weapons like the boomerang-like glaive and electric bomb
- use these with A
- grab enemies with R
- block and dodge with L
- involves light and shadow magic returns
- earn experience points to unlock new combos
- these include launching foes into the air, smashing enemies down to the ground and more
- includes skeletons, axe-wielding undead and more